Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Barefoot Princess...

An early day felt cold and quiet… the barefoot princess found herself in the dessert once again and felt tears welling up inside her.  

The barefoot princess has walked by this endless road a million times before but there’s something here that she can’t explain. She knew that as this year started, it will be a year of decisions. A year of clearing the hazy path she’s been having the past year. Again, she was prodded to go back and think… to seek His path for her and to realize what He wants for her… she needs to see a way out of this dessert.

The barefoot princess was told it’s time to act and prepare. She is being asked to put down something in exchange for that. Now what that is she doesn’t know. She’s been staring at nothing since last night, thinking what will she lay down in exchange of knowing where the road for her is. She feels the grainy sand beneath her feet and it’s hurting her.

She asked the King… “Where are you leading me? Could you point the way out? I feel thirsty and I don’t want to be in this sandy road. My feet’s all bruised up. Please bring me out of here or soon I’ll die with no water and food.” The barefoot princess pleas for food, water and a way out… crying hard that she finds what she needs to see.

Just as she was succumbing to passing out and woozing out, the King then scoops her up in His arms blew a breeze of fresh air towards her closed eyes….

 “My daughter, yes you are the barefoot princess now wandering about the grainy sand. You may be thirsty wandering where the well is, where the way out is, where your own path is. Be assured that the dessert is not as dry as you thought it is.  Thirsty? Hungry? All bruised up? I will provide the fish, the bread, the well and road for you. Just hold on. Remember, there is an oasis by the dessert… you’ll come to that.” My barefoot princess… my daughter, keep holding on to your faith… walk on. Continue to trust in me even if everything seems forlorn. You are almost there. My strength will keep you up. You know my voice and you know my heart… The miracle is coming.”

The barefoot princess realized, miracles still do happen… she doesn’t know how the King will work it out for her but she will continue to hold on and bear the pain of the grainy and hot sand beneath her feet while in her own dessert. She decided to hold on as the King leads her to the well, to her miracle.


I am the barefoot princess… and I decided to run through the dessert with the power of my Father… I don’t know how but He is bigger than all of this. I will hold tight.

** Inspired by words from Luke 9:12-17 when Jesus fed the 5,000 with just 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread. 

No comments: