Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Brief Monastic Life

PROLOGUE: Bold as Coffee, Great as Heaven

I finally had to take this trip after postponing it for 2 months due to time & financial constraints. My world has been caving in on me and within that time delay, my reserved energy is acting up yet all the more I held on to God’s strength and power until I journey up the mountains of Bukidnon.

It is my first time to go off somewhere with no other agenda but to be by myself, be quiet, sing alone and be away from the noise of my life for a week… on my own for a week.

It was a brave act for me to take the early 3am flight and rely on whatever I have researched in the net on how I’ll be doing this trip. This could be exciting, I thought to myself… but at the same time afraid that I may not make the wisest choices for my meager budget. But since it’s happening now, I know this is God’s right timing and everything will work out fine.

It was a Bold move I had to take for my sanity. The nose allergy I had been having for some days due to stress (I knew the symptoms!) needed distressing.

I needed the stillness and peace of heaven and the comfort of coffee. 

No comments: